Friday, April 1, 2011

Bittersweet

Today I saw the most depressing scene EVER...
the Borders Book Store... half empty... and ....and...


CLOSING.



Yeah. Maybe it's not that big of a deal. I mean, sure there's another one in the mall, but that one is small and insignificant next to THIS one. The Borders on Stockdale highway in Bakersfield... is closing. I have spent so much of my life there. And now, it's leaving. I wanted to cry when I saw how empty it was. I mean, the coffee shop is already closed down and abandoned, and seeing how dead it looked made me fear for the way Borders may look in a week.

However, there were awesome deals on everything in the store. So, naturally, as an artist... I went straight for the art books. For those of you who don't know this fact, Art books (especially hardback ones) are freaking expensive! But today, in between work shifts, I bought three of them for $20!!!!!! :O

I almost went back after work... but unfortunately I didn't make much in tip money. *sob*
Oh well. I get paid next Friday. If Borders is still alive, I'm going back. To buy whatever else I can find. I'm a bit of a book whore. If I find a book that looks interesting, I'll buy it if I have the money. I just looked at my book shelf, and just from a quick peek, I can see ten books that I have yet to read. Darn me not having enough time to crawl into a corner and just read.

Pshh. The only way I'd have time to do that is if i dropped out of school and quit my job. HA! not happening.


anyways... I've decided on a Peacock theme for my wedding. I'm thinking the colors will be green blue and purple. Britney sent me a bunch of links with Peacock wedding stuff, and I'm smitten with a lot of it!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm sleepy.
however, I'm pretty sure this is what will happen

No comments:

Post a Comment