Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A New Project

Hello everyone! So lately my mom has been wanting to get her back yard all nice and fixed up. She has a nice long patio in the back that stretches across the full length of the house, and she has a nice sized pool with a little storage shed next to the pool, a pool house was all call "The Casita," and a back driveway that is unfortunately half covered with some of my grandfather's tools and other junk (but it's all stored inside a tent/shed contraption he built so it's really not in the way). Well, my mom came to me and asked me if I could paint a mural on the little shed next to the pool.

Honestly, I'm so excited! This will be a new challenge for me, and I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it! We went to Home Depot to buy all the paint for it yesterday. Did you guys know that Home Depot has CLEARANCE PAINT!? Normally the sample sized cartons of paint are just under $3.00, but on clearance... $.50!! So we got a ton of the clearance paint and saved a bunch of money! It was awesome! We got 5 medium cans, 1 gallon, 3 bottles of spray paint, and realistically about 10 sample-sized paints, along with a few painting supplies... all for less than $100!!! My mom and I were pretty pleased with ourselves, because Paint is freaking expensive, and we got everything we needed (and more) for less than $100.

Oh! you know another fabulous thing i found out this week? My sister, Britney informed me that Amazon.com has a clearance section! "This opens up a whole new ball game!" I freaking love clearance shopping! I'm so ridiculously cheap, it's ...well, ridiculous, hahaha! But Clint doesn't mind it. He likes that I try to be frugal with money.

So hopefully today, I'll get started on the shed. I'll take pictures from beginning to finish for you, and I will have to post them in a later blog. :)

Bye, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment