Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Guestbook

So my mother-in-law is getting remarried this weekend, and her theme for her reception is "Spring," so my mom and I are trying to make that happen for her :)

My mom is having so much fun planning this little reception (less than 50 guests) and I had SO MUCH FUN making the guestbook for Susan and Sean (my mother-in-law and her fiance)!




What I did to make this was very simple.

FIRST: I got out a 16"x20" canvas, and sketched where I wanted things to go

SECOND: I busted out my oil paint and my brushes, then went to town on that canvas. I seriously only used like, four colors; red, two shades of brown, and lots of white.

THIRD: I had to wait two days for the paint to get dry.

FOURTH: I cut out the paper oval "Cherry Blossom Petals" for the guests to sign, and hot glued them to the canvas

Fifth: I cut off the fabric cherry blossoms from some fake flower stems, and hot glued the blossoms to the canvas.


TA-DAH! Now I just hope no one messes it up at the reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment