Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fall Semester 2010

Hey!
So i survived the semester! In fact, i passed it off with flying colors! I received all A's in my 3 classes! :)

I am so jazzed about getting straight A's! sure it was only 3 classes, but they were all Art Classes. "Oh sure, big deal, you love art, that shouldn't have been hard..." Actually, it was pretty challenging. I had constant projects to work on. Projects i wouldn't normally do on my own time. It was new ideas and a fun challenge. One of my favorite projects this semester was the black and white portrait we had to paint. I chose to paint Johnny Depp.




I was so impressed with myself! I didn't think i could do it! BUT I DID! I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging, I'm just genuinely shocked! I am my own worst critic. My professor, Adel Shafik, was very impressed with me. He told me i had a wonderful talent and that he wants me to continue in art and to go chase my dreams. He almost made me cry. He's a very nice person. A little crazy sometimes though, but in a humorous way. Once, there was a loud noise that shook the windows of our art room and he yelled "OH CRAP! THE RUSSIANS ARE HERE!" I almost fell out of my seat laughing! haha!

This semester was definitely memorable. :) lot's of fun.

1 comment: