Friday, June 8, 2012

Owl

Okay, so I was lurking around on Pinterest and I stumbled upon this adorable idea...



How cute is that? I thought to myself, "Dang, I could totally make something like that really quick..." and I looked around my apartment and decided my living room could use a little extra flavor. Now, the "theme" (i guess that's what you could call it...) for my living room is Owls. I sat there and thought for a minute and decided I was going to take the concept of the flower picture above, and use scrap book paper to make an owl instead of a flower (But I still totally want to make a flower too!). 

Yesterday I went to Beverly's Crafts and bought 5 pieces of double-patterned scrap booking paper (one one side was one pattern, and on the back side was a different pattern). Then last night I picked out a 16"x20" canvas from my art room (more like a junk room, but still), and painted it yellow. Then this afternoon I gathered together my pretty papers and I got out my oval hole puncher. I used just about every inch of all the papers. I still have half of 2 papers... So it really doesn't take much. Then I got to work trying to figure out the pattern and order of the papers, the placements of everything, and where the heck my glue was! 

After I found the glue (it was on top of my desk the whole time...), I began piecing my owl together on the canvas. Long story short, this is the end result!


For the eyes, beak, and ears, I just used my x-acto knife. Scissors would work just as well, but I was too lazy to get up and go get them from the kitchen. My knife was just sitting there on the table, so yeah... I used that. But yeah, this was really quick and a fun little project to do. I recommend it to everyone young and old! It's super easy and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment